Course CIU281 is cancelled because of illness. It will be given next year
The CIU281 course is cancelled this autumn because of the illness of one of the teachers.
It will be given next time in the autumn 2019.
Instead, you can choose another elective course (valbar kurs) at Chalmers such as DAT380, TDA362 or TDA580. Use the form:
Besides, we offer the following project course:
Please pay attention to the eligibility requirements.*
You can choose between two projects:
- Creativity and music interaction (Palle Dahlstedt) or
- Value-based design ethics and emergent technologies (Gordana Dodig-Crnkovic).
Introduction to the project course will be given at two occasions.
1. By Gordana on Friday, November 2 at 10.15-12.00, in the Lindholmen library lecture room Gradängen. This is a possibility and not compulsory, as we are aware that it is in the exam week and that some may have an exam at that time.
2. By Palle on Thursday November 8 at 9.15-11.00, the same room as the first introduction, that is Lindholmen library lecture room Gradängen, the same content.
This is a project course, that means you will get introductory lecture(s) and after that groups will have supervision by Palle or Gordana, depending on the project they use. Supervision will be upon agreement. You are encouraged to work in groups, with 5-6 members but you will be examined individually. The project report will contain minimum 5 pages of your own reflection, and the rest of up to 10 pages can contain references to your group work, illustrations and similar.
Final presentations of the projects will be as originally planned at the Mini-conference in Visual Arena Studio on 15 January 2019 with group + individual presentations.
For more information about the Project course look at the PingPong page of CIU235 Project in interaction design.
Should you have questions, please contact us through the mail below.
Gordana and Palle
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* To be eligible for this course, students must have successfully completed the courses TDA496 Interaction design methodologies, 7.5 credits, and TDA492 Graphical interfaces, 7.5 credits, or equivalent.
Update 30/10: Course cancellelation announced at the student portal: